Monday, April 4, 2011

"i'm going to make a change for once in my life"-man in the mirror,michael jackson

i was fortunate to have read this blog post early last year and want to share it with as many people as i can especially my close friends.

be inspired:http://yourjoyologist.com/journal/to-the-point

it inspired me to do the same.

i choose to delete words that i felt were negative.i remember there were 5 but i can only recall 3 now-the mind works wonders :)

the ones i can still remember are:
"stress"-i used to say this all the time.being a highly emotional and at times dramatic person,everything was "stress-ing" me.but not any more :)

"lazy/malas"-i'm a laidback kinda person but sometimes too laidback for my own good!

"boring"-used to be one of my favourite words.i know for a fact my father hates it.

i still have to make a conscious effort sometimes but a majority of the time these words doesn't even pop up in my mind anymore-and i'm much happier!

so here's my tip if you decide to do the same:
-decide on the words you want to "delete"
-make a conscious decision that in whatever circumstances you would choose to replace that word with something more positive
-tell your family and friends about it
-take baby steps if you have too: abbreviate the words like *S for "stress"-eventually you won't even want to use it.

so now i choose to only allow positive words to come out of my mouth-it's totally possible and one day i will achieve it.

change is good :) i support and encourage it.

the choice is yours!

"All I know is that eliminating these words makes me feel freer, more in control, and more honest."-Tricia

1 comment: