Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The ANZ Café Tour 2014-The Mugshot Café


Last week, I randomly found a list -29 Heritage Cafés in Penang on FB. When we were living in Melbourne, any day off or weekends you’ll find us in a café. Whether it be for brunch, post bikram treat or just for a cup of tea or chai latte (or coffee for some of my coffee addict friends).


The café scene in Penang is booming! (I think we might be a little slow on this but whatever....) So my sister and I decided we'll go to each and every café of this list. Which means we get to check out Penang at the same time.


Last Sunday, we stopped by The Mugshot Cafe. With all the tourist in the shop, I felt like a tourist too.



Attached to The Mugshot Café is the Rainforest Bakery which was unfortunately closed (closed on Sunday). They supply the yummy bagels they serve at the café.

I ordered the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel which was delicious. It was toasted in an oven at the entrance. Didn’t even take a picture of it, cause I ate it all within seconds!



We did however ordered the meatballs twice! First round was beef then it was chicken. Both plates were cleaned within minutes.

I’ll definitely be back here. Especially when the bakery is open to check out the bread! They also serve homemade yogurt with a variety of flavours.

Go check it out, yo!


The Mugshot Café
Address: 302, Lebuh Chulia, Georgetown,Penang
Opening Hours: Daily, 8am-9pm


2 comments:

  1. i found a list of cafes to go in Ipoh as well! Who would have thought it would be soooo happening over there..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that list on your fb!!...M'sia is the place to be man! Aren't you glad you took the year off :D

    ReplyDelete