Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Run 2014

I've decided to run again after a year of not exercising and I'm now up to week 5 of the Couchto5K program (go upload the app if you want to start running too).

My running goal for 2014 is to run the full marathon at the Penang Bridge Marathon in November.  So I've only got less than a year to train!

What I used to do back in Melbourne to keep myself motivated is to register for local runs. It's a good way to force yourself to continue training.

The first run I registered for this year is the Women's Run in March. Excited that I'll be running around Esplanade whilst celebrating International Women's Day 2014!

Wooooooohoooooooooo, Go girl power! 

Credits: Deltaevents

It's a 6km run for only RM 25. It's a bargain yo. Men are also allowed to register, they just need to partner up with a registered female runner.

So head over to the site to register.

2 comments:

  1. you're already up to week 5 of the c25k program? thats so quick! I can't wait to start running again!
    Good luck for your women's run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bariah! I finished W5D1 on Sunday...go Bariah goooooooo nanti we can run together in M'sia!

    ReplyDelete